What are the 2013 color trends for kitchen cabinets in Philadelphia? There are actually the very same as the rest of the country. In Philadelphia, we are sometimes just earlier adapters since we are a major city. Larger cities and their environs always pick up on new trends faster than their country counterparts. Below are the color trends in kitchen cabinets in Philadelphia. What is really interesting is that many of the trends in kitchens and baths are also seen in the major fashion magazines and on the runways of major clothing designers.
- Emerald. This is an emerging trend meaning we are just starting to see it in kitchen cabinets in Philadelphia. This was the pantone color of the year so we are seeing it in kitchens, bathrooms as well as in clothing.
- Tangerine. This color trend has been around for about a year and is continuing. Again this color is also big in fashion.
- Turquoise. This is another emerging color trend. This was the color of 2013 for a different color institute.
- Yellow. This is a newer trend and is just starting to be seen in kitchens and baths. Pale yellow walls have always been popular but now we are seeing a wider range of yellows on the walls and in cabinetry.
- Gray. This trend has been around for at least 2 years and is expected to continue for at least another 5 years. What is great is that gray in combination with emerald, tangerine, turquoises and yellow looks wonderful
- Tangerine and Blue. These colors are on opposite sides of the color chart and so they go great together. This is an emerging trend and not for the faint of heart.
It depends on how fond you are of these colors for your kitchen as to how much of an investment you want to make in them. Obviously the greatest investment is cabinetry followed by the backsplash, your appliances (often the range), then your paint color and finally just accents. In your Philadelphia kitchen you have the option to use any of these color trends or none of them. You can create your own color trends. To see great examples of some of these trends for kitchen cabinets in Philadelphia please see our website at http://www.teknikadesigngroup.com/ or go to http://www.houzz.com/ to see a great variety of options.